[Tutor] Tkinter Question

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:45:48 -0000

> Alan, I understand from this that you believe a modification
> to Tk itself would have to be made?  I'm a bit surprised too.

I believe so since there doesn't seem to be a way to set or
change the icon in Tcl/Tk either. Therefore the problem lies
in the Windows implementation of Tk, I assume.

> I guess my next step, unless Alan has already tried this,
> would be to post this question in comp.lang.tcl

Nope, I tried the Tcl/Tk FAQ and several books. I also tried
the c.l.python newsgroups but didn''t think of the c.l.tcl
one. OTOH Cameron Laird hangs out in both and I think would
have responded if there was a simple solution (the question
gets asked a lot - as a search on deja news reveals!).

> considering e-mailing Fredrik Lundh about this topic to see
> what he knows. Does anyone know if he's a friendly sort?

He regularly contributes on c.l.python...

> A cursory glance at comp.lang.tcl revealed something called
> TkTable!!!

Whats one of them??? I've never heard of it and how would
that help change the icon?

> Tkinter table widget would be much more useful than that
> little icon. :-)

Or do you just mean in general... Isn't there a Tkinter table
widget floating around? Matbe via the Vaults of p webpage?
Or is it part of PMW?

Alan G