[Tutor] building a tuple

Darrell Brogdon darrell@brogdon.net
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:48:59 -0500

Ok, so for example, I'm getting the following data:

Field Name        Value
------------------------
fname             John
lname             Doe
address           123 Any St.
city              Anytown

Now I know I can manually build a tuple out of this data with the following:

    my_tuple {
        "fname" : "John",
        "lname" : "Doe",
        "address" : "123 Any St."
        "city" : "Anytown"
    }

But obviously with this data coming from the database I wouldn't know what the values are.  I've figured out how to get the data out of the
database for the most part.  Now its just a matter of how to get that data into a tuple.

I think partly I'm confusing myself with my knowledge of PHP where you can pretty much get away with anything. :)

-Darrell