[Tutor] Building Python Source with Cygwin?

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:41:57 -0500

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 02:10:59PM +0000, alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:

| > wondering if I can now take any related source (SWIG, Jython,
| > etc...) from anywhere and build it on my Win2K box or partition.
|
| Thats the idea, once you get the LD-LIB paths and other config
| bits sorted out it should build fairly seamlessly, although
| I've not tried anything non-trivial yet myself.

I haven't built any python stuff with cygwin (too bad there isn't a
python-dev package, that would certainly make it easier), but I have
built glib, gtk+, and gvim (with GTK+) on cygwin (with XFree86)
without difficulty.

-D

--

There are six things the Lord hates,