[Tutor] Re...From PRJoshi

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 14:29:36 -0000

> If no one gets back to you on how to do this within Tkinter,
> check out wxWindows, which does allow you to change that icon.

Yes, wxWindows will do this and a lot more.

> Sorry if this is not responsive--I don't know wxWindows well enough to
> know its ease of use compared to Tkinter,

Personally I find wxWindows layout/constraints mechanism
much more complicated to use than pack/grid. Otherwise its fine.

But it really needs better tutorial documentation. Unless
you are happy reading C++ the included docs are hard going
and the tutors/examples could be better explained.

If I wasn't busy on another writing project at the moment I'd
like to have a go myself! Not least as a way of educating
myself on how wxWindows works :-)

Alan G.

PS Apologies to the group for an earlier missive about
commenting being set prematurely...