[Tutor] RE...Two Questions.........from PRJoshi

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:54:22 -0000

> not support the import command for my script i.e. when I
> divide my program into a series of classes and keep each
> class in a new page, I cannot import

You need to save them into a folder on your PYTHONPATH
PYTHONPATH is an environment variable that you need to
set up - via AUTOEXEC.BAT if Win9x or via a
ControlPanel|System|???? dialog box on NT/2000/XP

> 2. I want to change the icon of my Tkinter program window. I
> read somewhere that the icon in a root window cannot be
> changed.

So far as I know you can't change that icon on any
window under Windows - its a Tk bug not Tkinter. If
anyone does know how I'd love to know...

> the code that is available for tkSimpleDialog

I think that is used on Unix systems but has no
effect on Windows because...

> tried and still it does not work. But the code works in the
> SimpleDialog(changes icon to whatever is written in the title).

SimpleDialog on windows actually calls the standard Windows
message boxes rather than building them from scratch in Tk.
Thus Windows correctly applies the required icon. Thus Tk
apps on Windows not only have the wrong icon, they aren't
even consistently wrong!

At least thats what I think is going on...

Alan g.