[Tutor] Config files & getopt()

Karthik Gurumurthy karthikg@aztec.soft.net
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:12:35 +0530

see of this is useful...
it creates a config file and then reads from it.

>>> from ConfigParser import *
>>> fp = open("test.conf","w+")
>>> c = ConfigParser()
>>> c.add_section("server")
>>> c.set("server","dsn","octago")
>>> c.set("server","password","octago")
>>> c.set("server","userid","octago")
>>> c.add_section("properties")
>>> c.set("properties","log","d:\\temp\\logs")
>>> c.set("properties","templates","d:\\temp\\templates")
>>> c.write(fp)
>>> fp.close()
........Now read from the same.....

>>> f = open("test.conf","r")