[Tutor] wxPython?

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:33:57 -0000

>  I wanna use python GUI's , like wxPython or Tkinter.
> Which one would be easy to learn,

See my online tutor under GUI program for a very gentle intro
to both. For Tkinter theres a full tutor if you follow the
links from the Tkinter area of the python web site. wxPython
has a basic tutor on its main site but it requires a bit of
experience in GUI programming in general IMHO.

> what 's advantage of using wxPython
> than Tkinter?

wxPython looks slightly nicer and has a richer set of widgets.
Tkinter is arguably more portable across both platforms and
languages and is indisputably better documented in both books
and online documents.

Alan g.