[Tutor] printing out the definition of a func

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:20:36 -0000

> I am pretty sure that you are asking too much.  Even in text mode,
> you should be able to switch between different sessions.  Keep one
> session in your editor window where the source file is visible.
> Then have a Python session.

Or use CTRL-Z to suspend the editor and fg to bring python up etc,
lots of options, but.... His post suggested he wanted to do it
all from within the python promppt - thats a tad harder!

Maybe emacs -nw would be your best bet - then you can split the
screen in text mode, run a shell in one pane(running python)
and edit the code in the other pane. However emacs may be
as big a resource hog as X....

Just a thought, Its how I used to work on Unix before I got
a workstation and had to use a real VT200....

Alan g.