[Tutor] COMPIMER QUEST

Andy W toodles@yifan.net
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:58:22 +0800

Hiya,

> SHOWINg the TLpost.py code to Jim Porter, he wants to know if there is a
> compiler out there toconvert python to C, or compile machine language
> files from python.

Hmm there might be a couple of projects going on for C
conversion/compilation, but I don't know how well they work (especially with
exec calls and such things...)

There are a few packages around that create executables, that take the
python code, analyse what the dependencies are and glue a minimalistic
python interpreter to it.
Of these, I have tried and found Gordon McMillan's "installer" package to be
useful.
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install5_ann.html

There's also py2exe, http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

HTH,