[Tutor] What is the problem in this import?? Newbie

karthik Guru karthikg@aztec.soft.net
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 19:32:21 +0530

thanks! But i actually installed qt from exactly the same place you have
mentioned.
(Though the website does'nt mention this, your book does :-))
is there anything else i need to do.

it is under d:\\qt

there is an environment variable

QTDIR which points to d:\\qt.

do i need to do some other tweaking??

thanks
karthik.

-----Original Message-----
From: Boudewijn Rempt [mailto:boud@valdyas.org]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 7:10 PM
To: karthik Guru
Cc: tutor@python.org
Subject: Re: [Tutor] What is the problem in this import?? Newbie

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, karthik Guru wrote:

> hi all,
>
> os: windows nt
>
> i installed
> qt2.3.0 from trolltech.com
>
> then i installed pyqt from thekompany website and i get the error i have
> pasted below.
>
> I found that libqtc.pyd is present in the

I think that that you forgot to install qt itself - I think
it's not packaged with PyQt, but that you must get it from
Trolltech:
  ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/non-commercial/QtWin230-NonCommercial.exe

This requirement isn't particular clearly stated on the TheKompany
website, I notice... Anyway, if you need more help, you might be
interested in the PyKDE mailing list, which can be found at: