[Tutor] web site redirection to Python script

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor@venix.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:54:55 -0500

I wrote some python scripts for reporting survey results from an SQL server.
Now they would like these to scripts to be available from a web site.
Unfortunately, the ISP hosting the web site has not yet installed Python.
I have setup a RedHat Linux server with Python.  Now I need to set up a Perl(?)
script on the web site to forward report requests to my "Python Server" which
will process the requested data, create an HTML report, and send the HTML report
to the requestor.

PC/Browser >=reportRequest=> www.HowsYourHealth.org  >=reportRequest=> "PythonServer"

I need advice as to how the web server (Linux/Apache/Perl) can forward the request to
the "Python Server".  Or tell me there is a better way to do this.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.

voice: