[Tutor] intresting gibberish, this. Looks like perl on the rag...

Kirk Bailey deliberatus@my995internet.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:45:56 -0500

>From that original quoteed script, I read:

>msg = ("From: %s\r\nTo: %s\r\n\r\n"
           % (fromaddr, string.join(toaddrs, ", ")))

which is word wrapped, so here it is strait:
msg = ("From: %s\r\nTo: %s\r\n\r\n" % (fromaddr, string.join(toaddrs, ",
")))

this means:
"From: (str(repr(\n)repr(\n)) str(fromaddr, string.join(toaddr, ", ")))

ok, first part is sensible, but last part is a pooch. why do we want to
bibble with from and two in this place, and end it with a comma and no
trailing CRLF?

Seems I cannoy simply append a CRLF into the end of a string or a list
or anything else, I have to play intresting games to accomplish it.
FUCK, said the king.

I should invent a new definition, CRLF, as

def CRLF:
	CRLF =("%s\r\n")
Then can use it casually in string concatenation, and plaster it on the
end of a variable,
No? yes?

This sort of grunting gibbercode is why I avoided perl after failing to
sledgehammer it through my concrete skull.

Discussion?

--
Respectfully,
             -Kirk D Bailey (C)2001

Within the sweep of his sword, Each man is an Ubar.

http://www.howlermonkey.net/
http://www.sacredelectron.org/