[Tutor] defining functions

Kirk Bailey highprimate@howlermonkey.net
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 2:37:28 -0500

Ah, I see that now. Dumb of me. Must be getting late,

Looking, I see the big light over in the big room is out quite a while now. Maybe I should execute a refresh
cycle and return to this later. Clock says it is 2:36 AM. Goodnight all.

At 12/9/01 11:22:00 PM, you wrote:

>On 10-Dec-2001 Kirk Bailey wrote:
>> At 12/9/01 11:07:00 PM, you wrote:
>>>$ python /tmp/foo.py
>>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>  File "/tmp/foo.py", line 1, in ?
>>>    foo()
>>>NameError: name 'foo' is not defined
>>>$ cat /tmp/foo.py
>>>foo()
>>>
>>>def foo():
>>>        print "foo"
>>>
>>>looks like you have to define it before you use it (-:  That wasn't too hard.
>>>

>> That's was in interactive mode, where the thing CANNOT scan a file before
>> begin executing it.
>>

>um, no, that was "run this script I just gave you" mode.  I told python to run
>the script foo.py.  The '$' is my system prompt.

end

In total confusion,
                   Kirk D Bailey

|           Consulting  Agent  Provecateur           |
|    Webmaster, Howlermonkey Email services Co.      |
|   Please visit us at http://www.howlermonkey.net/  |