[Tutor] simplifications : are they good ?

Jean Montambeault jrm@videotron.ca
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:46:39 +0200

    Of course I'm a beginner, but when I see something like :

Label(fen1, text = 'Premier champ :').grid(sticky =E)
Label(fen1, text = 'Second :').grid(sticky =E)
Label(fen1, text = 'Troisième :').grid(sticky =E)
entr1 = Entry(fen1).grid(row =0, column =1)
entr2 = Entry(fen1).grid(row =1, column =1)
entr3 = Entry(fen1).grid(row =2, column =1)

    instead of the full form I'm sceptic. Is the omission of a viariable
affectation going to speedup the program ? Same question for grouping
creation and method on the same line ? Same for the omission of certain row
and column numbers ?

    I must admit that I'm by nature irritated by all forms of jargon or
anything that artificially hinders simplicity and clarity ; on the other
hand, if the gain in speed is real then it could be justified.

JM