[Tutor] Do Tkinter's windows always default to a certain size ?

Jean Montambeault jrm@videotron.ca
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:34:58 +0200

    When running a Tkinter based program I just did from IDLE, commenting
out this_window.mainloop() of course, the window appears just the size I
would expect. But when running the same program (with this_window.mainloop()
active this time) from Explorer or a DOS prompt the window always default to
the same size and it goes for IDLE itself : looks like 640x400 best guess.
Can this behavior be changed ? I can't be the only one experiencing this and
it has to be a FAQ but I didn't find it. :(

Jean M.