[Tutor] "One Day of IDLE Toying" web guide available

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 01:39:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

Ok, I've felt sufficiently embarassed about the little FIXME's here and
there in my IDLE tutorial, so I've removed them.  *grin* I've made minor
changes to some words, but not a major revision.  I've also added pictures
that were missing from the guide, so things should be less obscure now.

Most importantly, I've finally given the darn thing a real title: "One Day
of IDLE Toying":

    http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/index.html

This tutorial is limited to showing one day's worth of showing the ropes
of IDLE, just enough to be able to pick up and play through one of the
introductions on the main Python.org site.  If anyone wants to link to it,
please feel free to do so.  I won't move this page anywhere.  *grin*

I'd welcome any comments on this; I've sorta ignored updating this page
for... what... 6 months now?  *grin* Anyway, apologies for my laxness, and
I hope that this is helpful for someone.