[Tutor] rf1 (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 23:02:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi Kirk,

I'm forwarding your letter to Tutor, so that the others there can give
their input on this.

It sounds like you're looking for the 'rfc822' module, which knows how to
recognize the forms of most mail messages:

    http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-rfc822.html

rfc822 builds something a bit more complicated than a simple dictionary.

By the way, there's a reason why the admins here won't configure Reply-To
on Tutor... uh... I just can't remember it at the moment.  But thank
goodness for Google.  *grin*

Let's see... ah, there it is!  I do remember that Deirdre was adamantly
against it, and we had a discussion on it way way back in June:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/python-Tutor/552073

Sorry I didn't respond to your question about reply-to sooner.  But for
the reasons listed on that thread, we won't be munging up messages with
the reply-to header here.

Talk to you later!