Epoch7: programmer newbie from hell. (formerly Re: [Tutor] Ca llable? What's Callable?)

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:48:05 +0100

> alright this code is looking mighty hardcore for me at the
> moment.

Its not bad for a first program :-)

> one more question: why when i run the program do i get no
> output? i don't get any errors, but now i get a 0kb txt file

Probably something wrong with the regex.
Try substituting the regex for a simple string and check that it works.
If so then crank up the interpreter and experiment with the regex
until it does what you want.

As someone already suggested, the interpreter is your friend,
experiment there till you know how all the parts wull work then
start gluing them together.

This kind of hands-on interactive programming is one of Pythons
most powerful features, use it to the full.

Alan G.