[Tutor] [Q] Python and path?

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:42:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Young-Jin Lee wrote:

> Hi, I have a question on Python and path. How can I tell Python to
> search a python source file in a specify directory? I created a python
> test code in my working directory and I lauchched the Python
> interpreter from the desktop shortcut. I need to be able to specify
> the path (similar to Java's classpath), but I don't know how.

Python's equivalent to Java's 'CLASSPATH' variable is the 'PYTHONPATH'
variable.  On Win2k or WinNT, you should be able to find environmental
variables through the Control Panel on windows system.  On a Win98 system,
you can add an entry in your autoexec.bat that looks sorta like this:

###
set PYTHONPATH=C:\personal\python
###

Good luck to you.