[Tutor] How does python find the modules I install ???

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:45:08 -0400

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 10:39:08PM -0100, Simon Vandemoortele wrote:
| On Wednesday 15 August 2001 19:26, Rob Andrews wrote:
| > Simon Vandemoortele wrote:
| > > This is probably trivial but hey ... I'm a newbie !
| > >
| > > I installed Mysql-python and wondering how I am supposed to tell python
| > > where the modules is. There's something in the FAQ about this
| > > problem(http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw.py?req=show&file=faq04.011.htp
| > >) but I'm not sure it really applies to my situation.
| >
| > Which Operating System are you using?
|
| Sorry bout that ... Linux (SuSe)
|
| /:-)

You only need to make sure that the modules are in $PYTHONPATH (which
at runtime translates to sys.path).  Usually the default directory is
/usr/lib/python<version>/lib so if you put the modules there it should
work.  (BTW the RPM should have put them there for you, if not it is a
bug in the RPM and the maintainer should be bugged and you need to
change it for your system).

HTH,
-D