[Tutor] python source code

Wesley Chun wesc@deirdre.org
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:22:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Michael P. Reilly wrote:

> support wrote
> > I am trying to obtain the source code for python ver. 1.5.2 for purposes
> > of rebuilding, as I need to change what functions are actually called in
> > C for pythons calls of open, write close, etc... (File I/O).. currently
> > python doesn't use the win32API funcs for this, which i need to use for
> > the program im working on to operate on NT, and over networks.  IF
> > anyone knows where i can get the source or has done this or has any
> > advice for this (such as how to include the win32API in the C file, or
> > which functions from python are defined where in the source code) I
> > would be greatly appreciated.
>
> The Python core does not use win32 APIs because it is not a win32
> application; it is supported on multiple platforms.  However there are
> full extensions for the win32 APIs, including CreateFile and CreatePipe.
>
> Before you start cracking the code, you probably want to download and
> look at those extensions: win32all at <URL: http://www.python/windows>.
> The module you are looking for in that package is called "win32file".

as michael has suggested, i believe the code in the win32all
package will probably contain what you're looking for... no
need reinventing the wheel if it's already been done right?

the exact web page from Mark where you can download all versions
of win32all software (for all versions of Python) is located here:

http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/win32all.html

hope this helps!

-wesley

Silicon Valley-SF Bay Area Python users group:  http://baypiggies.org

"Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall PTR, December 2000
    http://starship.python.net/crew/wesc/cpp/

wesley.j.chun :: wesc@baypiggies.org
cyberweb.consulting :: silicon.valley, ca
http://www.roadkill.com/~wesc/cyberweb/