[Tutor] Python Books

Rob Andrews rob@jam.rr.com
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:42:50 -0500

# > > Can you recommend a few GOOD Python books(for someone who has some
# > > experience in programming)?
# > > There are so many Python books out there; I am not sure
# which one I should
# > > read...
# > > Shall I do the O'reilly's "Learning Python" and
# "Programming Python"?
# > > Or "Python Bible 2.1"?
# > > Or ...?
# > > What are the books which give detailed explanations?

For someone with some programming experience, *Learning Python* has some
good discussion. *Core Python Programming* is an excellent book covering
the basics and an introduction to some more intermediate topics. These
days I find *Core Python Programming* and *Programming Python* to be an
awesome combination. *Core* seems like a great introductory textbook,
and *Programming Python (2nd edition)* is like a big, thick tutorial on
real world Python.

# PS- Anyone else have any need to send email from Lotus Notes
# via python and COM?:) I've got a short, simple script working.

May I recommend Useless Python? --> http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/

Rob

Your one-stop shop for newbie source code!
Useless Python: http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/