[Tutor] File copying - best way?

fleet@teachout.org fleet@teachout.org
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:35:31 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks again, Michael.  Thanks also to that electric personality, Tesla
Coil! :)

>From a beginner's perspective, I'm finding this constant ongoing discovery
of additional modules a little disconcerting.  For a 24-line (so far)
shell script, I now have 5 modules to import.  (And if I remove the "try"
tests, only 8 lines!) Is there a list somewhere that breaks the modules
down into categories such as "file handling" (and that includes ALL the
modules pertaining to file handling)?

(I even thought of os.popen("cat file1 > file2") !) :)

It's late and I'm getting grumpy.  Tomorrow is another day!

Best regards and thanks again!

				- fleet -