[Tutor] MySQL mangling & list subscription question

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 13:04:03 -0700

At 2:56 PM -0500 8/3/01, Rob Andrews wrote:
>For a little context, he is trying to pull data from a MySQL database
>and assign it to a variable in Python. I can do a fair bit of Python and
>a little SQL, but I've yet to mix the two. Can anyone point to some
>current resources or show a quick example I can pass on?

Honestly, it's not that different from PHP, except that one must do
the work (as in Perl or C) to pull the variables out of the form
explicitly. In PHP, they're defined for you. PHP has a lot of
shortcuts for web stuff, but that's really all it does well.
--
_Deirdre    Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com    http://deirdre.net
Adobe put Dmitry in jail for the crime against society of revealing