[Tutor] Python NNTP Scripts?

Curtis Larsen curtis.larsen@Covance.Com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:52:03 -0500

Does anyone know where I could find some Python NNTP scripts to study?

I'm especially interested in a Python-based news-searcher: how one
would grab a collection of headers, then look through them using regex,
then getting more if what you're looking for isn't there.  If it is
there, then downloading the messages) for later perusal.  (What does the
NNTP communications ebb and flow look like, etc.)

In my case attachments aren't a real issue -- and would probably blow
my teeny little mind trying to figure out how to collect, put together,
then decode anyway.  Maybe after I understand the textual part of the
deal I can work on the binary parts.  (A MIME is such a terrible thing
to waste.)

Yes, I know there's things like Deja out there, but:

1. I _wanna_ do it in Python (the power! The SHEER POWER!
Muwahahahahaa!), and
2. Deja kinda sorta sucks anymore

Thanks!
Curtis

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission
may contain confidential or legally privileged
information that is intended only for the individual
or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance
upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail transmission in error,
please reply to the sender, so that we can arrange
for proper delivery, and then please delete the message
from your inbox. Thank you.