[Tutor] python on OS-X

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:01:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 Hans.Beernink@UCHSC.edu wrote:

> has anyone successfully compiled py2.1 on MacOS-X?  and while we're on the
> topic, why didnt python come preinstalled like
> pearl/java/tcl/etc.etc.etc.????  seems like some lobbying needs to be done
> with apple!

Ouch!  You'll want to talk with the people who built Python.  Try asking
on comp.lang.python: I'm sure that someone there knows what's happening.
About Python being preinstalled with MacOS-X... um... good point.  *grin*

According to the documentation, they're working at it:

    http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/mac/node23.html

Give it a few days: Python 2.1 just came out on Tuesday, and the
implementors are probably still a little dizzy.

If you're looking for any version of Python 2.x for Mac OS X, here's one
for 2.0:

    http://tony.lownds.com/macosx/

and on Jack's MacPython page, they have a prebuilt Python 2.1 beta:

    http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html

Good luck to you.