[Tutor] Python and Speed

Robert Hicks bobhicks@adelphia.net
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:41:16 -0400

> FWIW THe Ruby web site carries a comment somewhere that
> their code falls about midway between Perl and Python
> in speed, but retains the readability of Python.

Personally, I would say the Ruby site is wrong. Ruby is NOT a readable
as Python for a newbie. I looked into it as an Admin that wanted to
bridge the gap.

 From Ruby Central FAQ:

"Ruby's syntax and design philosophy are heavily influenced by Perl."
"If you like Perl, you will like Ruby and be right at home with its
syntax."
"Ruby is much more complex than Python but its features, for the most
part, hang together well."