[Tutor] ool

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:26:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:

> > ...It's not "completely class-oriented".
>
> Amen to that. I have taken to calling Java a class
> oriented language rather than on object oriented
> because it relies so heavily on static class functions.

I don't like Java, but mostly because it's a language designed for
beginners (ostensibly) that doesn't really seem to encourage good
programming practices.

> This annoys my Java programming colleagues enormously

You mean like my claim that Java is "C++ with training wheels"? :)

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net
                                                         - Douglas Adams