[Tutor] python

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 21:55:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, form1l1b wrote:

> please please! can you send me a email with a lesson in python in it.
> please email me at midolawton@hotmail.com

We'd be happy to --- You need to tell us what you're looking for though,
because there's a lot of material to choose from.  If you can ask for a
specific topic, we can focus our efforts there.

In the meantime, you might want to look at the tutorials section:

    http://www.python.org/doc/Intros.html

because they've done a very good job in distilling the essence of Python
to beginners.

These links below are especially good:

Magnus Lie Hetland's "Instant Hacking"
    http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/python/programming.html

Josh Coliati's "A Non-Programmers Tutorial for Python"
    http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/

Alan Gauld's "Learning to Program"
    http://members.xoom.com/alan_gauld/tutor/tutindex.htm

Email us again when you have questions.  Good luck!