[Tutor] clearing the screen

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 19:22:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> I'm writing a little hangman program for practice. I'd like to clear the
> screen after each guess so things don't get too cluttered. Am I correct in
> assuming that that's OS specific? I'm on Linux, so is it something in the os
> module? Is there a cross-platform solution?

Hmmm... What you're asking is a little os-specific.  I think you can use
the curses module to get at all the Unix platforms:

    http://python.org/doc/current/lib/module-curses.html

Curses gives you terminal independent access to the screen, which is nice.
However, I don't have experience with it, but the page above has a link to
tutorial material.

However, I'm ignorant on how to do terminal control in Windows.

Hope this helps!