[Tutor] (no subject)

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:48:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, claudia flores wrote:

> I'm very new to this all i know is windows (bad i know) but i want to
> start from scratch to learn how to program the best languages can you
> recommend any links or books to get started!!

That's ok that you come from a Windows background --- it's not as if it
were a cardinal sin.  *grin*

You'll want to install the Python interpreter.  If you wait a few days, I
think that the 2.0final should be released.  2.0 is a big improvement from
Python 1.52 (the current version).  However, you should be able to work
with 1.52 well.  Here's the link to it:

    http://python.org/download/download_windows.html

You'll just need py152.exe, which includes everything you need to get
started.

Here are a few references to Python introductory material:

    http://python.org/doc/Intros.html

In particular, I really like two of the tutorials here:

    http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/
    http://members.xoom.com/alan_gauld/tutor/tutindex.htm

If you have any questions, send them our way, and we'll be happy to answer
them.  Good luck to you!