[Tutor] Newbie

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 21:58:00 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, D-Man wrote:

> The tutorial on python.org is a great place to start.  If you have any
> specific questions you'll get lots of help here.
>
> Welcome to Python.
> -D
>
> On Sun, 05 Nov 2000 18:36:13 Shawn K Parrish wrote:
>  | Hello all,
>  | Newbie here.  I've got zero experience.  Can anyone point me
>  | towards some excellent resources to get started?

Dear Shawn,

Time to start sowing internal discord... *grin*  I don't recommend the
official tutorial at:

    http://python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

At least, not until you're more familiar with programming.  It's ok to
take a brief glance at it, but it's the "deep end of the pool".

On the other hand, I think you're better off with the Introductions
section of python.org here:

    http://python.org/doc/Intros.html

You can get a lot out of the "Introductions to Python programming for
non-programmers" section on that page.

Good luck!