[Tutor] does anyone know the time module

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan@home.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 06:26:41 -0600

Hi All--

> John Choi wrote:
>
> Hi everyone:
>
> I've been working my way through Ivan's book and find the examples to
> be the biggest help in learning Python.  Most excellent learning guide
> Ivan!

Thanks!

> I'd like to start doing stuff with time...
>
> Using two dates as user-input strings in this format DD-MM-YY, find
> the number of days between them.

Unless you want to figure out exactly how this is done to help you learn
more about the mechanics of calendrical systems, you might look into
Mark-Andre's mxDateTime package.  Check

	http://www.python.org/

for links, or check Parnassus

	http://www.vex.net/parnassus/

If you want to find out more about calendars, look at the Calendar FAQ:

	http://www.pauahtun.org/CalendarFAQ/

> I'd also like to put to use the leap.py program to determine Gregorian
> leap years, i.e 365 versus 366 days in a year.

python leap.py 0 100 200 300 400

;-)  You can modify the source to have it print out the number of days
in a year if you want.

<the-downward-road-is-crowded-crowded>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Axent Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org/
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours