[Tutor] HTML --> TXT?

Justin Sheehy dworkin@ccs.neu.edu
29 Mar 2000 16:40:22 -0500

"Curtis Larsen" <curtis.larsen@Covance.Com> writes:

> Justin - Thanks, but I tried looking at those, but they were about
> as clear as mud to me.  If they really are for translations such as
> this, would someone please post a more straight-forward example?

import htmllib, formatter
p = htmllib.HTMLParser(formatter.AbstractFormatter(formatter.DumbWriter()))
f = open('yourfile.html')
p.feed(f.read())

That will send the contents of the HTML file, without the markup, to stdout.

A very similar question was asked and answered (not by me) on
python-list recently.

-Justin