[Tutor] Stopping processes on Solaris-2.5.1

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:06:16 +0200 (IST)

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000 sessile@in-gen.net wrote:

> I wrote a little program using Python-1.5.2 to scan for
> users other than myself (or root) being logged into my
> machine but I haven't figured out how to eliminate any
> of the offending processes.  The 'kill' command doesn't
> want to stop processes owned by other users so I'm stuck
> manually clicking on the windows to shut them down.
>
> Any advice on how to do automate this through Python?

Automate what? Python won't let you do anything C won't let you.
As a solution to your problems, learn to use the "xhost" program. X's
security mechanisms are shameful, but they do serve to keep off the kids.
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html