[Tutor] syntax checker for python?

Gerrit Holl gerrit@nl.linux.org
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:55:32 +0100

<quote name="dyoo" date="952043326" email="dyoo@uclink4.berkeley.edu">
> Hello!  Out of curiosity, is there a switch or script that can check for
> trivial mistakes (like calling readLines instead of readlines)? I understand
> the flexibility in function calling is due to the dynamic-ness (is that a
> word?) of Python.  It's nice, but it can also be a pain to find where one
> has mispelled something.  Is there a stricter checker on Python?
</quote>

No, there isn't. Some editors, however, highlight builtin functions - so
'int' is highlighted but 'Int' is not. But you can only find out runtime
wheter something raises a NameError or not.

BTW, it's not a syntax checker what you describe - functions aren't part
of the syntax (statements are).

regards,
Gerrit.

--
Plies korekt enie bet ingglisj joe encauntur in mai imil mesusj!