[Tutor] "art of computer programming"

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan@home.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:57:15 -0600

Hi All--

alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:

[snip]

> > also tell me where can i find such books b'coz i live
> > in india.
>
> Since you can send email I assume you can read the web so you
> could try Amazon.com or any other online bookstore.
> What postage costs/times to India would be I have no idea!
> Also, since the software industry in India is second only to the
> USA I would expect Indian bookshops to hold a reasonable stock.

I've seen Indian editions of many programming books for just a few
rupees.  I think my friend Nayan said they usually cost the equivalent
of $2 or $3.  They're in English; I think there's a thriving industry in
India dedicated to republishing (on cheaper paper) enough computer books
there to keep everyone happy.

Dunno about Python books, though.

<it'd-be-a-tough-job-printing-spam-n-eggs-in-devanagari>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Axent Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours