[Tutor] account class

Steven Gilmore Steven Gilmore" <srGilmore@sprintmail.com
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 19:42:25 -0400

I'm trying to write a class that models a bank account. I've started simple
with a deposit method, a print statement method, and balance property (I
haven't gotten to the interest yet).  Maybe I'm missing something though I
can't figure out what.  Since you guys/gals have been helpful so far maybe
somebody could shed so light.

Tell me it I have got this right
(exaggerated comments)

class Account:
#when a new instance of this class is created,  this line is called #
     def __init__(self):
           self.balance =  0.0
 #this sets the balance property to the value of the argument#
     def deposit(self,balance):
          self.balance= balance
  #prints a statement #
     def  statement():
          print balance

>>> import account
>>> a = account.Account()
>>> a.deposit(1.0)
>>> a.statement()
Traceback (innermost last):
TypeError: no arguments expected

hope that's enough info for ya to help me     :)

thanks in advance
Steven Gilmore