[Tutor] os.spawnv OSError errno 2 No such file or directory

Isaac Isaac@compuserve.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:54:29 -0700

On win98, with python 1.5.2 for win32, I'm trying to run os.spawnv
(and/or os.spawnve), and I get an

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I assume it's referring to the command file I'm trying to run, or
possibly the command processor (command.com), but I can't get it
past this error!  Even if I just try to run command.com and give it an
absolute path name.

Incidentally, os.system( ) works ok, but I need a longer, more flexible
command line, so I thought spawn would be the solution.

Here's one example of what i've tried.

t = ['c:\\', "/w", "/p"]
mycmd = 'ls.bat'
import os
os.spawnv(os.P_WAIT, mycmd, t)

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<pyshell#4>", line 1, in ?
    os.spawnv(0, mycmd, t)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Any help would be much appreciated.  This is my first post to the list
-- please let me know if there is a preferred forum for this type of
question.

Thanks!

Best,
Isaac,