[Tutor] Running Python from Windows command line

Borgulya Gabor borgulya@pons.sote.hu
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:12:04 +0200 (CEST)

> How do I run Python from the Windows 98 'run' line?  When I try to do so,
> the MS-DOS window pops up for a flash and then vanishes.

Type "command" to the run line. It starts command.com, in a "DOS-window".
Now you can start the interpreter typing "python" (or something like
"C:\Programs\Python\python" if the python.exe is not in the path).
To run your python program maintest.py type "python maintest.py".

You can close the dos window with the exit command. It might be useful to
set the number of rows in the window buffer high (eg. 100) so as to be
able to scroll up in the window.

Yours,
Gabor Borgulya