[Tutor] trying to learn python

Simon Brunning SBrunning@trisystems.co.uk
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:50:31 +0100

>[Steven Gilmore, on Mon, 10 Jul 2000]
>The Quick Python Book (excellent), was, during its development
>(prior to paper publication), available for free in the form of a Word
>document on the Manning Publications web site. It has since been
>removed and I happily bought the book, but I still have a copy of the
>Word files and an HTML conversion. If you can get permission from the
>authors or publisher to me, I'd be happy to email either version to you.
>http://www.manning.com/harms/.

I can also recommend The Quick Python Book. I'd point out, though, that it's
aimed at people who already know how to program and want to learn Python,
rather than those totally new to programming.

There is a lot of good stuff on-line, too. See
<http://www.cetus-links.de/oo_python.html> for the best set of links that I
have yet come across.

Cheers,
Simon Brunning