[Tutor] pyCVS

Michael P. Reilly arcege@shore.net
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 16:25:23 -0500 (EST)

> Is there a module that lets me use Python as a CVS client?

I looked into making a C extension to CVS, but the CVS 1.9 and 1.10
sources isn't set up for nice integration into another product (which is
very unfortunate).  The best that I've done is made modules to parse
the output for cvs-log, cvs-history and the work area files
(./CVS/Entries, ./CVS/Tag, etc.).  I use them at work quite a bit, but
there are still a lot of bugs I haven't found.

Some _really_ old stuff (about 2-3 years old) is available at

Some newer, buggy, package-based stuff is at

  -Arcege

| Michael P. Reilly, Release Engineer | Email: arcege@shore.net        |
| Salem, Mass. USA  01970             |                                |