[Tutor] tutor 3.2

Gerrit Holl Gerrit <gerrit@nl.linux.org>
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:38:27 +0100

emack wrote on 950701669:
> I'm a beginner [don't know anything about "C"} and i read in 3.2 of the tutorial "The standard comparison operators are written the same as in C: <, >, ==, <=, >= and !=. "  I'm guessing that != means "is not equal to". Is that correct?  Of course i'll find out if/when i see it used, maybe.
> regards,
> abu

Abu,

if you wan't to know what something does, you should really just
try it out! Start your Python interpreter, and type it in! What
happens if you type in "a != b"? You get a NameError. But if you
type in "1 != 2", you get '1'! And if you type "1 != [", You get
a SyntaxError!

Learning to program is really just trying things about, especially with
Python!

regards,
Gerrit.

--
cat: /home/gerrit/.signature: No such file or directory