[Tutor] Making Window stay open, Python in Windows

Chris Carpenter chris@abcinteractive.com.au
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:59:26 +1100

Hi Patrick,

i just started learning Python aswell, and ran into the same problem. I was
reading a tutorial called "Instant Hacking  Learn how to program with
Python" by Magnus Lie Hetland  and i used this to stop the window
dissapearing for a while:

#put this at the top of your code
from time import sleep

#put this at the end of your code, the number in brackets is the seconds the
program will sleep, thus leaving the window open on the desktop for that
long
sleep(30)

I'm not sure if thisis the best way to do it,(iv'e only been doing the
python thing for about 4 days)
But Hey, it worked for me.

good luck,

Chris Carpenter