[Tutor] I haven't touched nor played with Python in quite awhile, but I had a ? about serial ports.

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:40:35 -0800 (PST)

How it is done depends a bit on the OS, but in most OSes, it's a device
you stuff data into and listen to. In other words, it's one of those
things that seems complex until you do it.

But the fundamentals are indeed there.

Again, the specifics *do* depend on the OS, which you didn't specify.

--
_Deirdre      *      http://www.sfknit.org      *      http://www.deirdre.net
"Our society has not yet gone so far as to place blind faith in machines. In