[Tutor] Mulit-threading for windows

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:19:39 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Doug Ball wrote:

> Can any of you point me to where I might find out about
> multi-threading in a windows environment ( FAQ had some stuff about
> Linux but I didn't see anything about windows).

There shouldn't be much difference between the Linux and Windows stuff
with multithreading; the os specific stuff should be hidden beneath the
interface of the "threading" module.  Do you have any specific questions
about threads?

One thing you should be careful about, though, is that threads don't work
nicely with Tkinter (and especially IDLE) --- so don't try to test your
threading code within IDLE, or else bad things happen.

(This is explained in:
http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470&func=detailbug&bug_id=121963
)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.