[Tutor] Time module

Michael P. Reilly arcege@shore.net
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:44:47 -0500 (EST)

> Hello All,
>
>        I'm having trouble creating an executable file from my script and need
> to find the time module. If I search for "time.*" there are no files found
> but, if I use the command "from time import *" in IDLE there are no errors
> and "localtime(time())" returns an accurate value. Pease help me if you can.
>
> Python 2.0 on Windows ME
>
> Thanks Al

The "time" module is going to be a builtin module, i.e. embedded in the
python20.lib (when making the executable).  You can find out which
modules are builtin by searching in a list internal to the sys module:

>>> import sys
>>> 'time' in sys.builtin_module_names
1

You can likely assume that any of the builtin modules will be
abailable in frozen programs, I believe.

  -Arcege

| Michael P. Reilly, Release Manager  | Email: arcege@shore.net        |
| Salem, Mass. USA  01970             |                                |