[Tutor] _Teach_Yourself_Python_in_24_Hours_

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan@callware.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:42:45 -0600

Hi All--

Christian Tismer wrote:

[snip]

> 24 days with an hour each would work better, right? :-)

Yes, or a month, or whatever you need.

> Unfortunately I cannot get your book here in Germany already,
> but I will try to get it ASAP.

Good luck.  If US sales are good enough, there might be a German edition
eventually, though.

> I was planning my own book for absolute programming beginners,
> and I have an offer to do that. Would you say this makes still
> sense after your work, or do you know whether someone else
> is already writing such a thing?

Alan Gauld is writing one, I think.  Alan?  But honestly, there are very
few good books for complete beginners, and any addition, as long as it's
good, can only benefit the field.  I'll buy *anything* Python, so you've
got at least one sale;-)  (Unless it's in German!)

<the-only-german-i-know-ain't-polite>-ly y'rs,
Ivan;-)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours