[Tutor] python vs VB

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 15:56:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Gerrit Holl wrote:

> What I heard about VB is not good.
> Note: I only heard about VB from Linux users (often: micro$oft bashers).

Well, I am a Linux user and a frequent M$ basher but I will say that I
have recommended VB in situations where the alternative was more expensive
and a worse choice.

> > > Is Mark Lutz's book basic enough for a beginning programmer.
> > Perhaps not, though we're trying to get another book going.
> Learning python sure is.
> Programming python sure isn't.

Some people have said that Learning Python was too advanced for them which
is why I said "Perhaps not." If it works for the person in question, by
all means use it. It's the closest to a book for true beginners other than
the Python tutorial.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"I must say that I was really happy to see _Linux for Dummies_ -- that's