[Tutor] Is python just a scripting language?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:04:11 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:

> > > There should be compiled scripts too - files ending in .pyc
> >
> > Just FYI, they're not designed to protect the user from
> > reading them, and are easily 'uncompiled'.
>
> Agreed, but they might be better than issuing the scripts
> as is if, say, a corporate standard prohibited issuing
> source code onto liive machines

I could have misunderstood something, but I thought the .pyc files were
hardware platform (and perhaps OS) specific? I don't think this is such a
great thing to limit.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Mars has been a tough target" -- Peter G. Neumann, Risks Digest Moderator